Sunday 14 November 2010

Remembrance Day

Today being Remembrance Day also means to me that its the Booth Decorators League X-Country race at Chaddeston . I can't say it's the most picturesque place to be running but it definitely means that I can act like a kid. It's a fairly flat course over around a muddy field , But what I do like about it is the running through the stream and best of all we get to do it four times so as to freeze your feet.
Today wasn't a bad race as I took it steady to start with and picked off runners steadily through out the race.
Only trouble I really had was that I have picked up Jacs bad habit off shoe laces coming undone part way round . I was a little worried on the second lap and two stream hops to go that my spikes (shoes) would come off . thankfully they didn't and I came home first for our club and in 23 rd position overall.

Didn't think this was to bad a result as I had run 16 miles yesterday. My mileage is starting to creep up again so lots of long runs thru the winter.

Gam

No comments:

Post a Comment