Thursday 20 May 2010

Good days are here

Well it's been a good few days for me. Starting with meeting up with friends last Friday and having a few beers (which went straight to both of our heads.) This drinking lark needs some work . Nice to meet Kens new girl friend . Shame one of our other mutual friends couldn't make it Hey Ho

The Sunday was a great day in that we were both doing the Eyam half marathon, Jac was a bit iffy with a dodgy calf ,but went on to complete it 3Min's quicker than her previous best on the route . Me ,well I will blow my own trumpet in that I got 10th place (out of397) and a PB time of 1hr 29.14.

The guy I was following in the wake of is known as RTS (respect the stupidity) I'll say no more but I will be joining him and others on a route around the peak district in a few weeks ( just the 25 miles)

Tuesday night was a great running night at the BDL league race . This was at teversal (highest point in Notts they say? ) A 4.9 mile run which I got a 19th place and a time of 29.16 which was made all the better by holding a fella off who normal beats me ,but the determination was their and I was going to let him past me this time. Must admit that I only beat him by 4 seconds .

Today I have had a good day at work and I don't often say that then managed to get down the allotment and plant out my sweetcorn and runner beans ,they were getting a bit leggy in there pots. The allotment is coming on well . Just need to get some pictures done to show were still tending it.

This weekend I'm of in to the peak to meet friends at a camping barn and have a few walks ,beers and a good laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment